As you know, this is my list of gratitude toppers. I am a creature of habit, unless it requires work, and I have to get out of a funked-out brain in order to do it. There are times when I “am just not feeling it” and I struggle to write my list each morning, no matter how good for me it might be!
So, this blog list is my committment to myself that I will do it, and usually it keeps me on the daily path too. I know, sometimes I can only find thanks for really LAME things, like a new pen, but I have to just keep at it…
I hope you are inspired to come up with your list on a regular basis too. I am sure you can come up with better stuff than me!
1. I found some of my mom’s brownies hidden in the back of the freezer this morning.
2. I socialized with girlfriends on 8 of the last 10 days. Amazing, simply amazing soul food. My friends are my compasses; they help me to steer my life in the direction I want to go. The longer I have known them, the more perspective they have, and the truer the compass. Thanks Moodie!
3. My parents have been married for 55 years as of yesterday. I don’t think I will make that milestone in my own life without lots of medical technological advances (and a date next week would help too!). I am impressed with how they have made their lives mesh and the forgiveness they grant each other on a daily if not hourly basis. They may drive me crazy at times, but I really do have a lot to learn from them about granting unconditional love, even when feelings are hurt and expectations are unmet.
4. Boating on Horseshoe Reservoir with friends. I even tubed, haha! Very fun to get to play.
5. I have been able to purge old things and old ideas over the past 2 weeks. And it feels so good! I am no longer hanging on to ideas or things out of fear that I will never be able to replace them. Abundance and love is right here, right now. I just need to wade through the crap to find it occasionally!