Club Awesome for Friday July 2, 2010
The purpose of this weekly blog entry is really a selfish one. I find that if I am not held accountable for gratitude on a daily basis, I let it slip and tend to think of the things I do not have rather than my blessings. So maybe these lists don’t do as much for you as they do for me. However, I hope they inspire you to think creatively about your life and what you are grateful for today.
1. I drove almost 2000 miles in the last 5 days to visit family for the holiday. I am so GLAD I am not a professional truck driver! That is just an awful way to make a living. I love road trips, and am thankful to have had this one, and to be at my parents’ home safe and sound. However, two days of road grime is all I can tolerate, no matter how many Cheetohs I get to eat while driving (I know, Cheetohs could be the reason I am grimy, but they are a road requirement…)
2. Beach Boys Endless Summer, Disney Classics CD, Switchfoot, Toby Mac Momentum– singing with kids at 10:30 pm to stay awake. Priceless.
3. “Nothing tender comes from a microwave. God uses a slow-cooker.” Carl Sutter
4. Carl Sutter’s podcast sermons on http://www.crossroadscolorado.com. I was listening to one when my son told me he had lost his retainers on a random exit off the highway eighty (80) miles back. The sermon prevented some major grief. And I maintained enough patience to spend 3 hours driving back, looking, finding, and then getting back to our 16-hour driving day.
5. White tailed deer (not in the headlights). These creatures are so beautiful, graceful, and lithe. Very different from the barrel-bodied mule deer we have out west.
I hope you have a very kind and grateful day today looking for your blessings. And may the Cheetohs in your life not cause you road grime.