The purpose of this weekly blog entry is really a selfish one. I find that if I am not held accountable for gratitude on a daily basis, I let it slip and tend to think of the things I do not have rather than my blessings. So maybe these lists don’t do as much for you as they do for me. However, I hope they inspire you to think creatively about your life and what you are grateful for today. What follows are the awesome things I am thankful for this week.
1. My life and my health. Not everyone has both, and I am blessed.
2. My brother and his family came to the US from Hong Kong to celebrate this, my favorite holiday of the year, with us. We were able to have some really good conversations while walking in the northwoods’ gorgeous sunshine, near beautiful lakes and trees. We also paddle boated and went “frogging”. His tiny kids are precious and wonderful and I feel so lucky that he and his awesome wife took the time and money to share their children and their lives with us for over a week.
3. My daughter found a new hobby, acting in a play in the Upper Penninsula. She is playing with Yoopers!
4. Time with new friends and treasured family this holiday. Time.
5. Opportunities to grow while I learn and love through “stuff”. I have been asking God for a ton of help and miracles as I negotiate painful memories here at home. I have not gotten what I wanted, but I have gotten what I NEEDED as I move through this space in my life. And what I have gotten is miraculous.
6. Praying out loud. It works much better that way!