The purpose of this weekly blog entry is really a selfish one. I find that if I am not held accountable for gratitude on a daily basis, I let it slip and tend to think of the things I do not have rather than my blessings. So maybe these lists don’t do as much for you as they do for me. However, I hope they inspire you to think creatively about your life and what you are grateful for today. What follows are the awesome things I am thankful for this week. My friend Trish recommends I think of something original every day, so I am trying to be orginal each week too. It helps me keep actively thinking in terms of gratefullness.
1. Gorgeous lakes and trees and skies. I told my kids I think God hears extra gratitude prayers up here; it is so beautiful. I had 2 soaring bald eagles usher me in to the county yesterday as I drove.
2. My kids are awesome. I wish I could just talk about them all day. But I grew up in the midwest, and that is considered rude, so I just write about them instead. Is that still bragging?
3. My sister Molly, friends Delia, Leanne, Katy, Bhanu, Alison, and Liz, and more! Girlfriends are really super important in my life, and I am blessed to have them at my back!
4. For some reason, my boss is really ok with me working remotely! Wow! It rocks!!!
5. God is great. Whatever my stuff is today, God is with me and taking care of it better than I can.