1. It snowed this week! I got to run with my friend Sara early in the snow, and watch the sun come up over it. Wow, so crisp and clean and fresh. Ella made a hilarious snow man laying down on his face in our front yard.
2. My kids keep me on my toes and keep inspiring me to be a better mom. I learn a lot more from my kids than they learn from me these days. Ella said we would be boring if we didn’t put up Christmas lights this week, so she got up on the ladder and made it happen. Dillon really goes for it on the wrestling mat- persevering, pushing himself to the max, and winning.
3. I have been letting go of negative* people in my life and it is allowing space for others to come in– a really amazing concept to watch in my own life. It is one thing to hear about that phenomenon, but totally different to watch it happen! Letting people go if they need to is actually a loving gesture. I cherish my friends, so this has been difficult to learn.
4. My friend Delia cooked dinner for us last night, such a warm, wonderful comforting gesture for a cold dreary day. Thanks D!
5. Ski season is beginning, and we are waking up from our summer slumber. Woo hoo!
6. God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
*PS- this “negative” person was not just down and out; she was spewing anger and negativity at me while also being demanding and rude.