I have an actual caffeine regimen which you would think is akin to a workout regimen, or a course of therapy.
- No coffee ever because it makes me cry and 24 hours later I am exhausted.
- Make a delicious chai tea 1st thing every morning (with tea bag, not sugary syrup which just adds to my butt) with good creamer to get me going in the morning.
- Only if it is later in the week, and I am dragging, do I get a 2nd cup of chai with the yummy coconut non-dairy creamer at work.
- Green tea only after noon. No black tea after 12 pm. It keeps me awake.
- On Thursdays, I get to drink a Diet Coke. I love Diet Coke Thursdays. That is the only day of the week I drink soda, and only one. If I forget, I have to wait another week; it is too unhealthy.
- Only 1 store bought chai per week because that sugar is just not good for my thighs.
You would think I am planning a war effort, battling a gambling addiction, or planning to save the orphans the way I regulate my intake. It is super important I keep these rules, only a couple of exceptions:
- Of course, if I am running long or a long race, I get a cup of coffee first.
- I need an Arnold Palmer (or 2) at work lunches so I can be energetic, excited and enthusiastic even when bored to death. So that black tea doesn’t count.
- On Fridays if I am especially tired, I get a soda with lunch: full sugar, Dr. Pepper usually.
- Oh, and if I am travelling, I buy a chai every day.
- Sundays I drink 2 cups of chai because I… I don’t know, because sometimes I feel like it.
Definitely an addiction.
Challenge #3: See humor in the way we try so hard to control our lives, only to be taken down by a soda pop :).