Weeeeellllllll, I have not written a club awesome list for over 2, maybe 3, weeks… I have completely fallen off the wagon. I still write occasional daily lists in the mornings, but altogether am not on the gratitiude kick I sermonized about a few weeks ago. I have plenty of excuses: school started, I went out of town, we have had really hot weather, the dog barks a lot these days, my back hurts, and the dryer makes an annoying sound these days that makes me think it is quitting on me. Whatever, I need to do better!
I am thankful this week for:
1. School started, and my kids have regular routines again so I don’t feel guilty about going to work any more.
2. My kids like their regular routine, and they like me better these days too! I can tell, because they are smiling more often and not hiding from me in the basement (well not as much, anyway).
3. I have a new quote that I am thinking about: “Go the way the horse is galloping” from my friend Diane… I am taking it to mean that I don’t need to and probably should not try to change the direction of someone who is hell-bent on their attitude. Kind of like the “Live and let live” quote from Alanon. I can let the horse take off in the direction it needs to if it is at a full gallop. Later, when it loses some of its momentum and is walking perhaps a little slower I can check if maybe it will consider a slight change of course. Think about it- when was the last time you were on a galloping horse? Holding on was all I could do (and laugh with the thrill of it). Then when it slowed down I had a chance to find the trail and coax her back over to it.
4. I was able to help 2 frieds in their job searches this week. That helps me have gratitude at my job and to keep on sticking with it on Thursday afternoons at 1:30 when I wish it were Friday because my brain is all used up and won’t stay connected to my body any more. I think I ate 8 mini Snickers this Thursday afternoon just trying to get my chair to stay connected to my legs.
5. The dog barks because he is protecting me, not because he is a pain in the butt. I have never felt afraid with him running with me or sleeping in my house. I am lucky to have an over-protective dog.
6. I used cash and did not debt this week. We will be eating some cheap food until payday, but this system feels much better, and more peaceful. And anyway, peanut butter goes well with spaghetti noodles and pickles…
7. My friend Anna came up with the title of three naming convention I am using lately. Awesome idea, Anna!
Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory I’ d like to write like this too – taking time and real effort to make a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.
It doesn’t take a lot of time… just write it down and see how it evolves by the time you push the “publish” button.