1. The cat threw up on my desk, bookend, book, picture frame, antique glass paperweights from my Grandmother, window sill, and the wall underneath. I have no idea why, probably something to do with her finding out she is my least favorite member of the household, behind the dying geranium in the kitchen. I am thankful the grossness missed my books and pictures. She is obviously losing her touch–she used to pee in the middle of my down comforter whenever I left town.
2. A phenomenal day on bikes with my gorgeous kids and our good friends. Everyone was happy and in good spirits. My friend Sara said the day was better than sex. I agree, but…
3. Blogging is very therapeutic, calming, insightful, and amusing to me. I feel much much MUCH better and “more gracious”(?) when I write regularly. Thanks for putting up with the rants!
4. My son is a very tough kid: smart, fast, strong, and hard to beat on the wrestling mat. He actually enjoys grinding kids into the mat and blocking football players in his path gives him a thrill. BUT- he still cuddles with me on the couch when we watch movies, and still says he loves me and his sister before bedtime hugs each night. I had no idea parenting would be so amazing.
5. My daughter is beautiful inside and out and knows what she wants when she wants it. She is also far kinder than anyone else in my house (including the damn cat). She even offered to help me clean up the cat barf! I had no idea I could be so inspired. She is my idol of kindness.
6. “Everything is in Divine and perfect order, I am living in God’s good an perfect will for me”, my mantra this week.
7. Joshua 1:9
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
That’s a good one.