Well, I practiced with the shoes for next weekend finally today, and my daughter got lost in the grocery store. When she found me, she said “Mom, I didn’t recognize you, you look so pretty today!” Is she used to me melting in with the customers at Wal-Mart or what?!?
I got may nails done for my birthday tomorrow, but I have been working most of the day in the office, and my nose is starting to run and I am feeling like the 3 ice teas at lunch are taking a toll on my energy. I had my eyebrows waxed, and they are still red. My chin is breaking out. I’m thinking tomorrow is not going to be a really glamorous day…
It is taking a lot of wrist-rubber band snapping/praying today on the starving orphans in India/Africa to get off of the poor-me mentality (see comments from this post: https://3leggedtable.wordpress.com/2011/05/18/anger-squared-part-2/). I am just not feeling it for 46 years old. Blech. Not a cute number at all. 41 is cute and sexy. 38 is darling. 44 is smart and wise and together. But 46?!? What kind of an age is THAT?!
It is almost 6 pm. I might be able to redeem my feelings about my birthday tomorrow if I
1) eat an apple and banana for dinner and save the doughnuts for breakfast;
2) google starving orphans photos so that I feel better about my own kids I abandoned for the weekend of work (and pray for them);
3) do not give my mom the usual Sunday night phone call;
4) drink lots of water and meditate on the”inner beauty and wisdom” I have found this past year (really?!?);
5) remind myself that my hormones change about every 8 hours, so I will feel different when I wake up in the morning; and
6) finish my work so that I can go home and take my daughter back to Wal-Mart with me